Friday, October 03, 2008

In Bush's Shadow



Here's another piece from thumbnail to finish.
I wanted to show John McCain in George Bush's shadow. I didn't think I needed to show Bush. The painting isn't about him. I figured the shadow was enough.
At first I thought I wanted McCain to be peeking out from behind Bush at the podium, but the point of the painting was to make sure he was seen as being in Bush's shadow. So I did the second rough drawing. Originally I was going to have him holding his hands in front of him but realized It might indicate that he was waiting to take over or hoping to take over. This wasn't the point of this particular painting, it is strictly about him being more of the same. Sometimes you can get away with having two or three stories going on in a piece at once. Here I wanted just one.

No comments: